Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Coming Home!!

Good morning to everyone!! Brian called me this morning and all of the paperwork is now complete. They will still be coming home on Saturday morning, however, as it was too uncertain if they could get their flights changed together. Nastiya's flight was through Luthansa, and Brian's is booked through Expedia. So they will hang out for one more day and leave Friday morning. The arrival time is 0738 AM Saturday morning, flight number 389. The girls and I can't wait to see them. It has gotten pretty cold over there, for those of you getting ready to travel. While Brian was on the phone, Nastiya was telling him that she was freezing! They were up at the SDA and wanted to walk down Souvenir Lane before heading back to their flat. I don't know if that happened or not.

To the commentors who wanted to know who the doctor was, I really don't know. I know that she was with the medical clinic that is used for adoption purposes, and Nadya had said there was a good doctor and a bad one. If Brian has a name, I will get that out to you, but I spoke to him early this morning, before I got into the blog. My comfort is exactly that Nastiya got to see how far her Papa would go to defend her. Also, we have all the time in the world to reverse any ideas that have been planted in her mind about American's, and our love for her.

This has been an excellent adventure, and overall we have really had a great experience!! I want to again thank the Garrett's for all of their support, and they are now family as Anya has adopted Brian as her new brother! I am not sure that they realized they would be adopting a 35 year old overgrown boy along with their 15 year old teenager, but life sometimes works that way!! I will update the blog again if anything changes, otherwise I will just let everyone know how Nastiya is going after we have all settled in and life gets somewhat back to normal??????? Whatever that is!!

Thank you so much for all of the prayers, support, and love of family and friends, and even some strangers who could also be great friends! If any families who are planning to travel need anything, we are very happy to help any of these children find families. We have become very attached to the children from Ukraine!! We would also like to thank God through whom all things are possible!! Without HIM, we would not be picking up Nastiya and Brian at the airport this weekend!!

1 comment:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

I don't know the name of the doctor we saw. She was a woman in her forties (?) with short dark hair and glasses. (I'm a bad judge of age) She was very businesslike, but nothing like the one your daughter experienced.

June